Thursday, July 17, 2014

Uinta Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah) - 16 JUL 2014

I had my B-game on for Uinta Brewing Company.  I was really looking forward to coming here since I am such a big fan of beers like Hop Notch IPA and Baba Black Lager that I’ve had back home in Ohio.  I pulled up to the brewery a few minutes after 7:00.  When I walked in the bartender informed me that they closed at 7:00.  Thankfully she took pity on me and let me order a beer.  I asked for her recommendation, and she said her current favorite was the White IPA (at 3.2% ABW on draft).  Cloudy appearance, huge hop aroma, tasted great.

Draft White IPA at Uinta Brewing Company.
The tasting room appeared to be full of seasoned regulars, like what I’ve noticed at many breweries throughout my travels, but hadn’t noticed here in Utah.  Maybe local beer fans drink at home where the Utah liquor laws don’t limit them.  It was decorated with their beer awards and Uinta logo posters and athletic jerseys, with shelves loaded with board games.  Connected to the tasting room was an outdoor beer garden shaded from the Utah sun by a hop draped gazebo.  It would have been a perfect place to hang out for a while.  Unfortunately, not this time, maybe next time.

Beer garden at Uinta Brewing Company. 
Driving up, this place looked exactly like you’d expect a brewery to look.  It was located in an industrial area and had tell-tale grain storage tanks out front.  The production area seemed much larger than others that I’d visited in Utah.

View from the parking lot. 


2 comments:

  1. Cool. I notice that you don't comment on my blog nearly as much as I comment on yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could I compete with Missy and Eunice and Gma Pat?

    ReplyDelete