Thursday, July 17, 2014

Bohemian Brewery (Midvale, Utah) - 16 JUL 2014

It would have been hard to pass up this place – a German (well at least Czech) themed brewpub.  And check out the way cool logo.  Bohemian Brewery is located in Midvale, Utah, between Provo and Salt Lake City.

Bohemian Brewery logo at the entrance.

When I parked the car I was greeted by the sight of hops growing on the walls of the brewery and the feel of a Bohemian lodge upon entering.

Lodge atmosphere at Bohemian Brewery
Hops growing on the walls of the brewery.










More on the unusual Utah liquor laws.  As noted previously draft beer is limited to 3.2 ABW (4.0 ABV), but I also discovered that you are limited to only 2 beers at a time.  I ordered samples of three of their standard beers, but the bartender only brought me two of them.  He poured the third, but had to keep it behind the bar until I was done with one of the samples.  Interestingly, it doesn’t matter if the beers are 4 oz samples or liter boots – you can only have 2 at a time.  Below is a picture of the first two that I had:  Czech Pilsner and Viennese Lager.  I was pleased to discover lagers with taste.  Why can’t the big commercial breweries do that?  The Viennese ended up being my favorite beer at Bohemian Brewery.  In addition to these two, I also had the Cherny  Bock (‘black‘ in Czech) and both of their seasonals:  Choose the Rye and Landbier. 

Two of the samples of there regular house beers.

The best part of thing about the Utah beer laws in the pricing on samples.  I still can’t figure it out, but look at the receipt below.  Samples are only $0.50.






No comments:

Post a Comment