Thursday, July 17, 2014

Red Rock Brewing Company (Salt Lake City, Utah) - 16 JUL 2014

Well, I've finally found it.  The World's Greatest Fish Sandwich!

World's Greatest Fish Sandwich!  
This was an unexpected treat.  I had paid a quick visit to Temple Square, world headquarters for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in downtown Salt Lake City while making the rounds of the vast assortment of microbreweries in Salt Lake City.  Red Rock Brewing Company was just a few blocks away so I thought I'd make the quick walk over and try it out.  I wasn't planning on a large meal, but when I saw the description on the specials menu, how could I pass.  Grilled tuna, corn salsa, avocado, and arugula - all served in a pita.  It was fantastic. Can't wait to come back.

Statue in Welcome Center at Temple Square.
Red Rock Brewing was only a few blocks away.










They had an assortment of draft beers (limited to 3.2% alcohol by weight (ABW) by Utah law) and bottled beers with higher ABW.  I went with the draft version of their India Dark Ale. This is an American-style India black IPA, dark in color with a very aggressive American hop aroma and flavor.







2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm that fish sandwich looks pretty amazing. But are you sure its the world's greatest?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Origami engineering! Taking flight using light!

    ReplyDelete