Sunday, March 2, 2014

Props Craft Brewery (Fort Walton Beach, Florida) - 2 MAR 2014



Props Craft Brewery brewing equipment. 
Props Craft Brewery is just minutes away from Eglin AFB - the Props theme seems quite appropriate.  There is a ceiling fan in the brewpub shaped like the prop from a large aircraft.  On this visit, there seemed to be a number of current or ex military sitting around the bar - the folks around me were talking tattoos.  They offer a 10% discount to military, police, and firefighters (which they were nice enough to extend to me. 

Sampler of 4 - 5.5oz beers for $8.00.
They had seven beers on tap. I tried a sample of 4 of their beers - Rye of the Tiger, Flying Coffin IPA, Four Kings Brown Ale, and Props Oil Porter. All were fine, but the Rye of the Tiger and the Four Kings were a little too sweet for my taste. The IPA was good enough that I ordered a couple more. 
I first discovered this place last August when I was here on vacation with my wife and daughter.  My wife - with brewery Eagle Eyes - spotted this place.  Since that visit they've expanded the place, adding extra fermenters - which I was told were not yet operational and were to supply off-site accounts.  Unfortunately, this addition has covered up their mural, but here is what it says:  "In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is Freedom, in water there is bacteria" - Ben Franklin.


Fried Flounder with cole slaw, fries, and Props IPA.
In addition to the beer, I had a damn good fish sandwich (eventually see blog on my search for World's Greatest Fish Sandwich).
Props Craft Brewery is pretty friendly place. Everyone seems to know each other, be part of their beer club, and conversation flows easily among the folks sitting around the bar. 

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the fish blog!! Honestly, don't remember going here before. Take me next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my blog and being the FIRST person to comment. You haven't been here. Mom and I went after we dropped you off at the airport.

    ReplyDelete